Oak Park Land and Water Garden’s diverse offerings allow our employees to experience many aspects of the green industry. We are on the cutting edge of the latest techniques and materials available for enhancing everyone’s outdoor spaces. Our employment positions include:
Retail Garden Center
- Customer Service
- Sales of Plants and Garden related Items
- Garden Workshops and Classes
- Plant Care
- Providing an Enjoyable Shopping Experience
- Water Garden Supplies, plants, and fish
- Miniature Gardening
- Online Sales
Recreational Pond and Lake Division
- Recreational Pond and Lake Maintenance
- Game Fish Care, Sales and Stocking
- Pond And Lake Aeration and Fountains
- Consultation with Customers Regarding their Pond and Lake Questions and Needs
- Landscape Design
- Landscape Installation
- Water Feature Design and Installation
- Delivery and Planting of Trees and Shrubs
What to Expect
Employees’ duties change depending on the time of year and the weather. We work outside in the elements, doing a variety of jobs. The business changes from month to month, and sometimes from day to day.
In the spring and early summer, we are very customer and sales centered. During that time, you must be available retail hours, including weekends and some evenings.
We all work hard, but it is a labor of love, so it is more pleasurable than almost anything else you can do while getting paid. When people come to a garden center such as ours, they are coming to be inspired by our display areas, helped with their projects , and treated as friends.
A mature work ethic, the desire to go the extra mile, and a fun-loving attitude are traits that Oak Parkers have and what we look for when making hiring decisions.
Benefits of Working at Oak Park
- Work outdoors
- Work with amazing customers
- Gain a variety of work experiences
- Get a physical workout
- Gain knowledge of many different aspects of gardening and pond care
- Fellow employees are awesome
- Work in a natural environment
- Earn a competitive wage
- Employee discount on purchases
- Beautiful work environment
‘Quick and dirty’ landscape design is a service we offer free of charge to our retail customers. Landscape and water feature installations occur throughout the season. Learn real-life landscape design and installation while on the job.
We service many commercial and residential lakes and large ponds in the area. The ability to follow directions and maintain safe work habits are essential to this job. It requires the ability to work outside in the elements, a valid driver’s license, lifting, and record keeping.
Fish and Aquatic Care
One of the things we do best is water! From a freestanding fountain to Lake Erie, we help anyone with a water feature. We have an opening for someone to take control of seeing that our onsite features and our fish both in dis-plays and for sale are well cared for.
Fill out the form below to apply for your desired position at Oak Park Land and Water Garden!